Monday, May 10, 2010

Granbury, TX 4-17, 4-18

Planned 2-day run: 38 + 25 miles

Day 1
Nothing went right for the organizer: the road was rough and busy, some sections got torn down for resurfacing. It was cold and rainy. I put on my triathlon outfit. How wet could it be.

The first day route was scenic. Slightly over-hydrated. Andy drove the SAG van following me. Other guys hopped in and out of van biking different sections. Cows and bulls seemed to enjoy our visit. Every time I started walking, I felt Andy getting hopeful: “the stupid runner is tired and we'll going to a restaurant.”

A sagger commented watching the runner was as exciting as watching paint dry. 35 miles into the run, I stopped running by popular demand. Everyone wants a warm meal in dry cloth.

Fried fish was great. We sat by a fire after dinner. We shared bacon flavored chocolate for dessert.


Day 2
Lower back a little tight. The hotel has a nice lobby for breakfast. I made a waffle based on steps as clear as Chinese electronics instruction.

I reduced the planned distance and broke away from the group. The trip was to test legs; no need to force everyone watching paint dry. I ran through the airport, big-screen theater, skating rink, football stadium, supervision and correction dept, and downtown skyline dominated by 2-story buildings. I was delighted the legs cranked out 10:00.

No comments: