Saturday, October 31, 2015

Battle at Bear Creek 10/31/2015



Small turned out due to rain.  The condition was suitable for inline racing--no tornado or hurricane.  I accepted slowness and lose of bearings.

[draining water]

I was happy to have brought 6 black Storm Surges.


[lots of Spanish speaking skaters]


[good to see Phil]

_goal
Stay vertical.

_half-marathon
Rained hard during lap 1 with visible pavement.  One section of the course was soon cover by ankle-deep water.  Duane and I crashed during lap 14 when trying to pass traffic jam; we skated onto grass. Water got into my ears.


[deeper water than I was accustomed to]

My right ankle wasn’t happy from a running injury.

[after Bob gave up on the solo breakaway.  We let him back in because we loved bob]


[out-smile everyone]

Duane went down again during the right left turn on his 125mm wheels.

_10k
Very short course.  I took 43 of the 44 right turns conservatively like a Republican.

[some took 300 meter seriously]



_sprint
Most racers skipped 300 meter dash when weather turned decent.  My heart wasn’t in it, but I already had to take a shower.  I didn't know they'd be a professional-quality photo--I kept my sweated shirt on.

Good time playing with friends.

[drafted by quad skater]


[Nicolas' first race]

[Randy]

[1 of the 44 right turns coming up]

[slowest finish sprint in memory]

[everyone was hopeful the pavement would not flood]

[nice Halloween socks]







[post race dinner]


Photos downloaded via Facebook.  Thank you photographers.

No comments: