Saturday, April 6, 2019

Tal Morrison Classic 15k 2019/04/06--skipped

In 2014, I raced Tal Morrison mostly to have breakfast with friends.  I saw Kisha for the 2nd race.  It was hard not to notice the blonde with Paula Radcliffe movement.  Casey and I raced the same age group.  We were all about Montreal skate that year.  New faces appeared at social skates.  Rob was approaching my half-marathon speed.  Kurt was crazy fast on wheels.  Father was in and out of hospital but seemed destined to live forever.  The stock market did so well, I debated whether it was time to pull everything out.

5 years later, Kurt struggled for time to exercise among his obligations.  Skating was "something we used to do" for more people.  Rob surpassed his sub-3 marathon goal.  Casey married Voon and is a Leadville finisher.  Kisha didn't know what to do about her foot pain a week before Texas Big Star Half.

I signed up for the race to take advantage of my very first senior citizen discount joining DRC.  It's a free race for the members.  I would lead a group skate to White Rock after race.  I imagined beautiful sunshine.

I caught cold on Tuesday before the Saturday race.  I considered racing 5k.  Weather forecast predicted unsafe skate.  I chose to stay home and binge watch World Pool Masters 2019 matches.

I'm feeling like an idiot for catching cold by not wearing enough cloth doing house work.

9:03am race morning.  Plano, TX

No comments: